Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

TWILIGHT AT BLUEBERRY BARRENS by COLLEEN COBLE

I can always count on this author to write a book that keeps me glued to the pages. Her writing style is very poetic with words that flow with ease. I love a story that has strong characters and this one is filled with them. I loved how the scenery was described and learned a lot about how blueberries are grown.

Kate has her hands full trying to keep the family business going. It is not an easy task. As the crops falter she must devise a way to get extra income. The little cottage on her land would be a perfect place to fix up and rent out. I think I would have liked to live at the cottage myself. It sounded very quaint and peaceful. I was a bit overwhelmed with all that Kate had been through and thought how strong she was to be able to continue being focused on the day to day chores. She certainly has had a rough time with cancer, and several family members going off to prison.

Drake has suddenly taken custody of his nieces when a tragic accident takes his brother and sister-in-law. He can't believe that his brother had anything to do with the unforeseen tragedy. Drake can't let it go and wants to investigate the senseless deaths on his own. Drake finds the perfect place to stay with his nieces at Kate's newly remodeled cottage. I loved how Kate took to the little girls right away. I think it helped her to begin to heal from everything she has gone through.

The book has several ongoing story lines that I found to be very intriguing. Kate senses that someone is after her . Is it one of her relatives that has revenge in mind?  Drake is determine to find out how his brother and sister-in-law really died. Will he find the answer he needs? The story has some intense moments that give readers twists  and turns. If you enjoy reading books with intrigue and a bit of romance I highly recommend this book.  The author does a great job of showing how important trust and faith is. No matter what we are going through we must remember to have faith and remind ourselves we are important to Him.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment