Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

THE VIEW FROM RAINSHADOW BAY by
COLLEEN COBLE

I have to say that the cover caught my attention right away. The author always has appealing covers that gravitate readers to her books. Her writing style keeps readers coming back. The story is a very intricate and decisive plot. I loved the cat and mouse type theme with the main characters trying to stay one step ahead of the killer. The author pulls out all the stops to give a well written intense story that proves her skill of details that keep readers guessing. 

Shauna was a well thought out character. Her burdens seemed overwhelming with the death of her husband while trying to juggle work and raising her son. The author gives subtle hints of underlying questions surrounding her husband’s death. Not everything is as it seems when houses explode and vandalism follow Shauna. Is there anyone she can turn to for help? I really enjoyed learning more about her childhood and a mystery that could answer a lot of questions about her family. The author had me hooked right from the beginning and continued till the very end. 

Zach was a complex person to me. He blamed himself for his friend’s death but was willing to do anything to help his widow out. There wasn’t a warm reception between Shauna and Zach at first. I understood her hesitation in trusting him and enjoyed reading how they tried to let go of bitterness . With Zach being a daredevil it seemed to be his outlet for guilt. Sometimes guilt can eat you up if you aren’t careful. The story is filled with mystery that puts lives in danger and a need to protect loved ones. I highly recommend this book to readers who love a great mystery with non stop action that leads to an ending you won’t forget. 

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment