Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2018



LOVE FOUND IN SHERWOOD FOREST BY LINDA S.  MATCHETT


 Award-winning Broadway actress Leighanne Webster has it all until an on-stage panic attack brings her career crashing to the ground. Returning to England to help produce the annual Robin Hood Festival play could be the diversion Leighanne needs. But with ex-fiance, Jamison Blake, as the play’s director, focusing on her new job won’t be easy.


Breaking his engagement with Leighanne so she could pursue her dream of being a Broadway star was the hardest thing Jamison Blake ever did. When she returns to Nottingham, his heart insists he made a mistake. Can he convince her to give their relationship another try, or will he have to let her go again? This time forever.

Purchase Link:
http://amzn.to/2ou0Urs





Linda Shenton Matchett is an author, journalist, blogger, and history geek. A native of Baltimore, Maryland, she was born a stone's throw from Fort McHenry and has lived in historic places most of her life. Linda is a member of ACFW, RWA, and SinC. She volunteers as a docent at the Wright Museum of WWII and is a trustee for her local public library. She currently lives in New Hampshire's Lakes Region.

Follow me on http://www.facebook.com/authorlindamatchetthttps://www.linkedin.com/in/authorlindamatchetthttp://www.pinterest.com/lindasmatchet







Review.jpg


What a beautiful description of the countryside the author has given us. I   felt like I was I was in the car with Kelli and Leighanne as they traveled over the cobblestone road. It was very interesting for Leighanne to run into her ex-fiance . I'm sure she was ready to change he mind  bout helping her sister with the play. The bitterness still lingers over their breakup, but Leighanne doesn't know the real reason Jamison broke it off with her.

Leighanne has come a long way to get away from something. Will she tell her sister what is going on? The closeness that the sisters share is wonderful and I liked that Kelli prays for her sister. Leighanne  is the kind of character I easily related to. Her panic attacks have caused her great distress and I can understand how hard they are to go through. Will she find peace as she helps put on a play to help her sister out?

I have always wanted to go to England and visit castles.The author provides vivid details of famous places in England that make me want to hop on a plane and go there. Her historical knowledge is well noted as she takes readers on a tour of Sherwood Forest. Can you imagine seeing the magnificent tree that she describes?  Jamison is a great character who will not compromise his beliefs. I admired his faith and how he stood up to someone who was trying to blackmail him. The story is wonderfully crafted to show how prayer can make a difference.

I love second chance stories because it gives hope to others. I am one of those who was given a second chance. I lost my way like Leighanne did and started believing lies. I had to reach the bottom of the pit before I would surrender to God. The book is short but filled with hope, forgiveness and finding your way back to God. Don't miss this enchanting story that has a bit of romance mixed in with strong Christian values.

I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit. The review is my own opinion.






No comments:

Post a Comment