Search This Blog

Saturday, September 8, 2018

A CHRISTMAS PRAYER by WANDA E. BRUNSTETTER

The cover by itself is enough to grab anyone's attention. It makes me feel chilly as I see the snow high on the mountaintops. I couldn't wait to dig into the story and I must say it was such a beautifully written story I wanted it to last forever. The flow was just right and gives readers time to know the characters better.

Traveling in April 1850 will be an adventure for a group that has a long way to go to reach their destination. Their goal of getting to California by December will be tested by the weather, wagon repairs and supplies diminishing.

Each character has a reason to want to get to California. Will they see their dream come true? As they continue on their journey, the weather takes a turn for the worse. Will they find shelter in time before the snow traps them in their wagons?  I loved the different personalities and how they seemed to get along for the most part. There is one person who is so unpleasant I was hoping he would give up and return to his old home. I always wonder why God places someone in our path that is hard to like?  I'm sure it is because we need to continue to remember to give grace to others.

The story is filled with adventure and hardship. Through it all will the travelers appreciate how God supplies them with what they need? This Christmas will be different for each one, but it promises to bring hope, joy and the true spirit of Christmas.

I received a copy of this book from the author . The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment