Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2018

FORMULA OF DECEPTION by
CARRIE STUART PARKS

I did enjoy the book but there were times I was a little lost. I think it is because there were so many characters, I couldn't keep up with them. The story is good though and kept my interest throughout. I loved that it was set in Alaska. I hear that it is beautiful there, but I don't think I could handle the cold weather.

Murphy is a complex character and I tried to connect with her. Her need to hide out in a town that no one knows her really intrigued me. She has encountered a dark past that has traumatized her. Her fear is that the person who she thought would stay in prison forever just might be on the loose. That would certainly have me on edge. She is a bright woman and fits in well in the town until she starts to lie about her background. The title of the book is perfect, because the story is full of deceptions.

I loved how the author seamlessly included history from WWII. That just enhances the mystery more when unexplained deaths start occurring during a murder investigation. No one is safe who has anything to do with investigating the crime, and bodies start to drop. Murphy must use her wits and survival instincts to stay ahead of danger. The ending will catch you off guard. It's another hit for this gifted author.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment