Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2019



CANYONS, CARAVANS, & CADAVERS by
TONYS KAPPES

I’m excited to be back with the gang in this funny series. Mae is just about the funniest character I have read. She has her hands full running the campground and keeping up with all the gossip. It is an exciting event when Mae is given the key to the city. Campers make food for all to enjoy and the atmosphere is festive as they all join in on the celebration.

As luck would have it, the festivities don’t last long when a body is discovered with an arrow pierced through his body. Now it could be said that the deceased may have had secrets or perhaps enemies but it is for sure that someone wanted him dead.

It is hard for Mae and her band of helpers not to investigate, but they just can’t help themselves. Mae better be careful or her handsome boyfriend, Hank may get a bit upset. He is not keen on her snooping around his investigations, but can he really stop her? It’s a great story with an exciting trail of evidence that leads Mae to danger once again.

I have to mention that meeting Hank’s family was hysterical. His family is right out of the pages of a dysfunctional unhappy group who thrives on tearing each other down. His sister is so full of herself that she doesn’t realize how embarrassing she is. I’m not sure that Hank will take Mae to visit his family again anytime soon. Well we all have our skeletons in the closet, don’t we?

I loved reading about Mae teaching at school for six weeks. She is mostly welcomed but a tragedy strikes there which has her rethinking her decision to be there. There is plenty of suspects in this story and the adventure is non stop.  When Hank shows up at school to investigate the latest murder, there is a funny exchange between him and a teacher. Oh my, I rolled on the floor laughing. The author is an expert in humor and storytelling. This is my favorite series by the author and I hope she continues it for a long time. I feel like I am part of the community and would love to stay in one of their trailers. There is never a dull moment with Mae and her band of curious friends. Don't miss this hysterical adventure and find out who is behind the murders.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment