Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2019


HEARTS IN HARMONY BY BETH WISEMAN

The newest book from the author is a like a sweet melody with words. Her characters blend well together and capture a story of friendship and love.

The Amish have very different beliefs than most and I found it amazing that they weren’t allowed to play an instrument. Levi has secretly played piano since he was a child. His hands sweep across the keys with compassion, but he starts to wonder if he is going against what the bishop has said. It would be so hard to have a gift but not be able to use it. I liked how Levi continually asked a God to show him if he was to play or walk away from it in order to be obedient.

Mary is a wonderful young woman who has known Levi since they were children. I liked how Levi and Mary reconnected after years apart. They have come back together to help out sweet Adeline. Oh how I loved this elderly woman. She was my favorite character because she had so much love to give. She has been lonely for awhile and when these young people show up to help her, it made my heart fill with joy.

Natalie is a little more complicated and I struggled  at times trying to like her. She is sent by her mother to spend time with Adeline, who is related to them. It doesn’t hurt that she begins a friendship with Mary and Levi as they get together on Saturdays to do chores for Adeline. As she started to spend quality time with Adeline I could feel her heart soften .

The ending of the story is filled with emotion and shows how valuable it is to reach out to others in their time of need. Adeline not only brings three young people together but gains a family in the process. Her heart is happy as they bond and become like her children. I won’t spoil anything but I will say this is the best book I’ve read by the author. Her heart and soul went into this story and I can’t wait to read the next book in this series.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.






No comments:

Post a Comment