Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2020

A BEAUTIFUL ARRANGEMENT by BETH WISEMAN

There are a few authors that I can always count on to write stories that move me.  They are able to penetrate my heart with words of hope and give me a deeper understanding of God. The author of this book is one of those who can dig deep into a character’s emotions and bring them through darkness.  

Lydia is far older in wisdom than most seventeen year olds. She made a mistake and finds herself married and with a baby. One bad decision changed her life but I loved how she has embraced the path God has taken her. There is much to learn from Lydia as she struggles in her marriage. One very important aspect of any marriage is communication. Without sharing things with your spouse it can cause a way for  the enemy to slither in and whisper lies to tear the union apart. 

Samuel was a good character and it was easy to see how frustrated he was in his marriage. When he married Lydia he had hopes of a good marriage including intimacy. In his mind he felt like a Lydia was withholding intimacy from him because she was angry. It was so special to read how these two young adults were faithful and turned to God to heal their marriage. 

One of the lessons in the story  is forgiveness. The author lets us see through the hearts of several characters how important forgiveness is. I really liked Joseph and Beverly’s story and how the author explores the destruction a lie can cause in a relationship. Beverly has kept a secret from everyone that has burdened her. Lies always get exposed and when they do, the mistrust comes in. Joseph is a good man but at some point he has to turn to God to help him with  forgiveness. This part of the story is powerful and will have a lasting impact  on me. 

The character I loved the most was the homeless  woman. The loneliness and rejection this woman has endured broke my heart. This part of the story had me shaking because I so wanted someone to reach out to her and show her love. I couldn’t help but want to push someone toward her and share God’s love with her. I won’t give this part of the story away because it is a great example of being  God’s hands and feet. To look past the outside and see the broken heart inside is what each of us should be doing. Life is short and we need to make the most of every day. When you see someone hurting , go to them and offer compassion. 

The story is a masterpiece of emotions and a realistic look at forgiveness, sharing God’s Word, communication and loving unconditionally. 

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion. 

1 comment: