Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2021


 BLACKBERRY BEACH by IRENR HANNON

One of the wonderful things about this story is how the characters find out what is most important in their lives. Some may think fame and fortune will bring us happiness while others think being successful is more important. As the  characters maneuver in Hope Harbor we focus on Katherine and Zach. 

I liked how Katherine was introduced into the story with a hint of mystery surrounding her. The author gives us a person who wants to get away from all the responsibilities her life has brought her and rethink her future. Katherine was aloof and I think that is perhaps why I liked her so much. I’m not much into sharing anything personal so I was able to relate to her in that respect. 

Zach has changed his career and by doing that has caused his relationship with his father to fracture. What I liked most about Zach was how he was determined to find something that made him happy. His coffee shop is the perfect place for him to unwind and  mingle with the townspeople and be content as a store owner. 

There is much this book offers in the way  of lessons. One of the most important ones is finding  your place in live that makes you happy. Allowing yourself to trust others is another key lesson in the story. I think Katherine is a perfect example of learning to trust those around her that want the best for her. Zach feels  a stirring inside that draws him to make a choice to reconcile with his dad. This story has emotions that touch your heart and help you see how important it is to follow God’s direction. There are a few other things going on in the story but I won’t ruin it for anyone. This is one of those books that you can feel the turmoil of the  characters and watch them as they overcome obstacles to find  peace, hope and faith. 

I received a copy of this book from Revell Reads Program. The review is my own opinion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment