Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2021

ALONG A STORIED TRAIL by 

ANNE H. GABHART

This is a wonderful book that gives us a glimpse into a time period where folks worked hard to survive. I really enjoyed getting to know Tansy. Her love of books makes her perfect as a packhorse librarian. It must have been hard taking books to people way up in the mountains during all kinds of weather. She loved doing it  because it gave others enjoyment . Can you imagine the only was to get books was to rely on someone who came by horse? I thought it was sad that the books were not in good shape and outdated. It was interesting to read how much getting books has changed. It makes me appreciate libraries so much more.

There is much to love about the book as we find two men vying for the attention of Tansy. One is familiar to her  and the other is a new addition to the town. I can see how Tansy’s head was turned by the new fellow. After all he is polished, full of adventure and nice to look at. However, sometimes looks can  be deceiving. 

The best character of the book for me was Aunt Perdie. She is one firecracker not to be messed with . She is full of stories that can keep you entertained for days. Her cat is not friendly and Aunt Perdie is definitely someone you want on your side. I liked how in the wake of a disaster she still finds something to be thankful for. As we get to know Perdie we can see the heartaches she has overcome and the wisdom she has gained. I loved following along the trail as tragedy, forgiveness and hope bring this story to a great ending. 

I received a copy of this book from Revell Reads . The review is my own opinion. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment