Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2022


 

BLOWIN’ UP A MURDER BY TONYA KAPPES


Love and marriage go together like grits and gravy...or do they?

Welcome to the little town of Cottonwood, Kentucky, a charming town with fun business names like Tiny Tina’s Hair Salon and Cowboy’s Catfish.

Sheriff Lowry becomes public enemy number one when she shuts down a wedding reception when one of the catering waiters ends up dead impaled with a wedding umbrella. The bride is not happy and proceeds to beat Sheriff Lowry with her bridal bouquet!

Kenni and Poppa are on the case! How lucky that Kenni is already there to start her investigation! She’s got a bratty bride, a crass groomsman and dead waiter! If the murder at the wedding was not enough, she’s got to get to solve this so that her friends business isn’t ruined!



MY REVIEW 

Weddings can be so much fun with all the beautiful flowers, happiness spreading across the crowd and music that brings joy to all. Now this wedding that Kenni is attending is all the above except for one tiny detail. Out on the patio is a body with an umbrella impaling a waiter. Kenni is not going to win any points when she shuts down the wedding and angers the bride. What in the world is going on that would cause such a scene? Get  ready for an adventure you will never forget as Kenni takes on the case with a little help from dare I say, ghost? 

I loved the different characters in the  story and how each one enhanced a part of the story. The southern charm oozes from the book as the small town takes to whispering about the murder and everything else they can think of. Now that Kenni  has been accused of ruining a wedding, several businesses and her own reputation, what trouble awaits her next? The investigation sure had me stumped as I tried to figure out who the guilty person was. The bride was a bit shady with her request to hear the best man’s speech before  he actually presented it at the wedding. Well that reminds me of a bridezilla with her demands and constant over the top attitude. 

The suspects start stacking up as Kenni digs deeper into the investigation. Her mama is a hoot and pokes her nose in where it shouldn’t be. Poor Kenni is constantly being nagged about getting married by her mama which made me laugh so hard. I could see the scene play out as Kenni’s mama shakes  her finger at Kenni to let her know how important it is to get married. Maybe mama should stay out of her daughter’s business including snooping around a murder investigation. Now what kind of trouble is Kenni’s mama in when she confesses something that puts her as a suspect? 

The author delivers an unexpected twist in the story that had me scrambling to rethink my suspect list. Wow. This was so good and I was taken by complete surprise. Now the case gets more complicated and I’m not sure what Kenni will do with this new development.  As the ending draws near, I was sitting on the edge of my seat. The adrenaline rush was wild as I consumed every word waiting to find out what was going to happen. I was so off about who the killer was and the author left me hanging on a very important question being asked. Now I am anxiously awaiting the next in this series. I have to know what happens next and I’m not sure I can wait much longer. 

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.



Southern Hospitality with a Smidgen of Homicide

Click the FOLLOW button to be notified of Tonya Kappes's new and upcoming book releases. 

Tonya Kappes has written more than 175 southern cozy mysteries, all of which have graced numerous bestseller lists, including USA Today and Woman's World Book Club pick twice . Best known for stories charged with southern charm, emotion and humor and filled with flawed characters, her novels have garnered reader praise and glowing critical reviews. She lives with her husband in northern Kentucky. Now that her four boys have flown out of the nest, Tonya writes full-time in her camper! 

You can find her all over social media and at Tonyakappes.com. 

For weekly updates and contests, sign up for Tonya's newsletter Kappes Krew Weekly via her website or Facebook.











No comments:

Post a Comment