Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2022


 FREE FALL BY NANCY MEHL

FBI behavioral analyst Alex Donovan and her colleague Logan Hart have been called upon to write a profile for a missing woman, but a little digging quickly turns up more disappearances in Virginia with the same physical description. 

Alex is in a race against the clock to rescue the missing victims, so when the UNSUB makes demands of her in exchange for information, Alex takes the bait. But when her life is put in jeopardy, Logan must do whatever it takes to track them down before time runs out.

Alex works to think one step ahead of the suspect, but the more Logan and the BAU learn about the serial kidnapper, the more they fear Alex may not make it out alive.

"The relentless pace will keep readers glued to their seats . . . This pulse-pounding romantic thriller is a wild ride."--Publishers Weekly





MY REVIEW 

This book  is a chilling, dangerous, intriguing and suspenseful read. I loved how the author delivers characters that are smart, caring and determined. This story does have an eerie quality to it which made me want to sit on the edge of my chair while reading. It did make me think of how sad  it can be to be bullied and have to endure the torture over and over in your mind. In this story we are taken back to fifteen years ago where a young boy wanted so desperately to be  accepted. He lived with carnies and really  didn’t have a family. I think the people he was around felt sorry for him and just let him  stay because he had no family. When he is humiliated something triggers in his mind. 

I loved how Alex and Logan worked together to try to solve the case. They were methodical and worked long hours. There is definitely an attraction between them but the author didn’t focus on that much which I liked. The case is difficult and Alex puts herself in danger as she decides to lure the UNSUB out of hiding. Her determination was good and I loved how the author included scriptures and prayer throughout the story. 

Logan is sidelined when a medical emergency forces him to have emergency surgery. I admired how he trusted God and never doubted that he would be okay. Even though he was at a hospital he never was really off the  job. The team kept him up to date as he went through a difficult time due to his health. 

This is part three in the series and even though it can be read out of order I highly recommend reading them all to understand the characters and their  relationship to each other. It also shows how the team uses different techniques to solve crimes. The story details that women are being kidnapped and all have something in common. The author slowly peels the evidence apart layer by layer until it reaches a heart pounding ending. If you are looking for a story filled with suspense, faith and action this is a must read. 

I received a copy of this book from Librarything Early Reader Program and the author. The review  is my own opinion.



Nancy Mehl lives in Missouri, with her husband Norman, and her very active puggle, Watson. She's authored thirty books and is currently at work on a new FBI suspense series for Bethany House Publishing. 

All of Nancy's novels have an added touch - something for your spirit as well as your soul. "I welcome the opportunity to share my faith through my writing," Nancy says. "It's a part of me and of everything I think or do. God is number one in my life. I wouldn't be writing at all if I didn't believe that this is what He's called me to do. I hope everyone who reads my books will walk away with the most important message I can give them: God is good, and He loves you more than you can imagine. He has a good plan especially for your life, and there is nothing you can't overcome with His help." 

You can find out more about Nancy by visiting her Web site at: www.nancymehl.com. She also is active on the Suspense Sisters: www.suspensesisters.blogspot.com and on FaceBook!



No comments:

Post a Comment