
THE LAST NOEL
This group of three stories has everything a reader wants when it comes to adventure, second chances and faith that pop across the pages. I love how each author delivers a story surround by a holiday where joy and family memories are found. Each story has a theme that illustrates second chances, faith and a bit of mystery.
DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE BY Sara Hamaker
Oakleigh receives a stranger call from her foster sister she has not heard from in awhile. She is requested to meet her and needs help. To her surprise she finds out her foster sister is in danger and needs Oakleigh to take her two children and protect them. This is where I would be shaking my head wondering what I just got myself into. Hang on to your seats as Oakleigh pairs up with an old flame called Joseph to help her get to a safe place for the children. There are some tense moments as danger starts to surround them in this suspenseful story. Be sure to pay attention as subtle hints are given to help solve the mystery. Nice light romantic suspense story that will be liked by those who love a good ending,
DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR BY Jayna Breigh
It’s Christmas time and Elise is all ready to set sail on a fabulous cruise. You know how it is. Things don’t always turn out like you want. A phone call from her boss finds her vacation cancelled with last minute legal documents that must be filed. So much for a sweet relaxing vacation. Did I forget to mention that Elise’s ex-fiancé shows up. What could possibly go wrong now?
Thank you Elise and Jack for many sweet memories of Christmas like making cookie houses and taking time to realize you may still have a chance to reconnect. Better get those cookie houses built before the contest is over. The story takes on a twist when Elise and Jack discover that Elise’s legal case hits home for Jack.
Nana is the most endearing character I’ve ever read about. She loves to take care of others and secretly is pushing to get Elise and Jack back together. With Christmas carols everywhere they go, lights and tress glowing in homes and stores they must feel that Christmas is filled with miracles. Nana reminds Jack that, “ Jesus is in the forgiving business.” Will Jack take Nana’s words to heart and ask Elise to forgive him? Can Elise get this very important case tied up in time? Don’t miss the action in this story and witness how Jesus shows what forgiveness can bring in a new beginning to two deserving people.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT I KNOW? BY Kimberly Woodhouse
Oh how I love cooking shows. The funny thing is I can’t cook. Opening to read this story gave me excitement as we are witnessing a cooking contest being broadcast live. Faith is nervous but comfort food is sure to win the judges over. With no room to move around she has to concentrate as cameras are intruding on her space.
Gabe is a very skilled chef with hopes of winning the contest he is in. It was so fun to read about the skills he and Faith had as chefs with a culinary background in Louisiana cooking. There is nothing better than southern cooking. As the time starts to tick away an accident happens which will change the course of Faith and Gabe’s future.
A great story about pride and how it can destroy relationships and dreams you may have had. I really liked how the author illustrated forgiveness and reminds us we need to forgive ourselves as well. Set against the Alaskan backdrop you will find two flawed characters who face trials and turn to faith for help.
I received a copy of this book from the authors and the publisher. The review is my own opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment