Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2015

DOVER PARK by BRUCE FOTTLER

Jim and Sara lead a quiet life with their two sons. Everything seems to be going well for them until Jim gets a mysterious call one day. The caller on the line is  saying they are Jim's  daughter. Jim is beside himself and can't explain the weird calls to his wife. There is a knock on the door one day and there stands a young girl who says her name is Rachel. She says she is Jim's daughter and seems to know a lot about the family. Who is this girl? Rachel is upset because Jim keeps denying he is her father. Rachel doesn't understand why the house she grew up in looks so different. She says she wants to come home and has nowhere else to go.  Can you say bizarre? Where did Rachel come from? The story at this point takes a twist so unexpected that I had to read faster to see what was going to happen next.

As I started reading more of the story, I suddenly felt like I was reading a script from "The Twilight Zone."  The author had me so engrossed in the book, I couldn't put it down. The characters are so well written and very convincing , I wasn't sure who was telling the truth at times. As Jim keeps everybody believing that Rachel is not his daughter, a new layer to the story unfolds. Will the real father please stand up?

I love a good mystery that has plots that follow a twisting road and this book is packed with twists and turns and layers of secrets that will blow you away. The story was drawing to a close when I suddenly realized that the author had brilliantly written a mystery so perfect that no one will ever see the end coming. The last few chapters will have you questioning who is really telling the truth? Be prepared for the explosive ending that was masterfully written with more then just a girl trying to reconnect to her father. I highly recommend this book to everyone who loves a mystery thriller.  It is not your typical mystery where it is easy to figure out. It is a well crafted story that has everything that will have reader wanting  to read more from this author.

I received a copy of this book from Librarything for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment