Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2015

ON THIS FOUNDATION by LYNN AUSTIN

I love reading the bible and learning about all the different people in there. Sometimes you can read a story and think that you know everything about them. After reading this incredible book, I have a new found interest in Nehemiah. The author has done an exceptionally well depiction of this biblical character. The details are exact and make the story come to life. I am sad to see the series end, but I will not forget the writing that glided effortlessly across the pages.

The book is about Nehemiah and his journey to rebuild the wall around the city . Although he is determined to fulfill this mission, he does come in contact with opossition. Isn't it funny how we try to follow what God has called us to do, and obstacles get in our way. For some of us, we may give up but Nehemiah was a very determined man. Most of us know the story well but I have to say the author has done a great job of making the story parallel with the one in the bible. Although the book is long, I found it so engrossing that I was able to read it without stopping.

Nehemiah had a huge call from God and as you read the story, you find him facing struggles and learning to trust God. I can't count the times I knew I was called to do something, but needed a little push to take that first step. If you enjoy reading about biblical stories this one will definitely be a unforgettable read. Nehemiah is an encouraging story and the author vividly tells it with exact recall of the story found in the bible. I have enjoyed my journey in The Restoration Chronicles and hope the author starts a new book soon.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment