Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2015

THE PEACEFUL WIFE by APRIL CASSIDY

I wonder  where this book was when I got married thirty-two years ago? Would I have actually read it and applied it to my marriage? Could I have given up my strong-willed I am in charge attitude? I know the answers to these questions and I'm thankful that I have a husband who is patient and loves me unconditionally . I was so focused on being in charge and pointing out things my husband was doing wrong, I forgot to focus on what God had designed a wife to be.

As I read this book, I kept thinking that this book is all about me once upon a time. We can sometimes get so focused on what our spouse is or is not doing, that we become the leader in the marriage and soon that causes big problems. We are to helpmates; not take on the man's role. God has specific roles for each of us, but when we step out of our roles, strife and a struggle for control  ensues.

I loved the honesty and transparency the author wrote about her struggles and how she overcame them. We all sin, but the good news is that God forgives us. He wants and desires for us to have a Godly marriage. She talks about some of the causes of MARITAL POWER STRUGGLE . I could relate to each one and know I still need work in some of the areas . I was encouraged as I read the book and know that I will continue to go back through the book to reflect on His wisdom and unconditional love. "My level of respect and biblical submission toward my husband is a direct indication of my level of reverence for and submission to Jesus Christ." When I read that sentence, I stopped for a minute   to really let that soak in. It is nothing to do with our husband, but rather what our character is.

"You will get the most out of this book if you can chew in it slowly and think deeply about yourself and what God is speaking to your heart , allowing Him time and freedom to highlight certain areas for you." Thank you for a book that encourages us and helps us become the wife God designed us to be. "My goal is not ultimately to please my husband ..... My goal is to bring great joy to my Lord Jesus."

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment