Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2016

SURRENDER YOUR JUNIOR GOD BADGE by JACKIE KENDALL

This book is one of the best books I have ever read about the subject on controlling women. I am guilty of trying to control everything. Earlier in my marriage, I controlled everything and if it didn't go my way, I found ways to pout . I wanted to make sure everyone knew I was unhappy unless I got my way. I was very overprotective of my children as they grew up . My excuse was that I wanted to protect them, but really I was controlling them while leaving little room for them to grow and become independent .

I loved the author's description od the very first women who "thought she was smarter than God." Thanks Eve for thinking you knew better than God. It is funny how we think once we get married we will be able to change our spouse. "Controlling women think they are responsible to change people who are not going in the right direction." What a funny statement that is. Controlling women thinking they know best and should direct others to the right way to go. How many of us are guilty of controlling and proudly wearing our badge?

What a powerful book that opens your eyes to what being controlling can do to yourself. We can find ourselves anxious, angry , fearful, insecure and have low self-esteem and turn to controlling others to overcome these issues. This book has hit home for me and I saw myself doing many of the things she talked about without realizing I was self  destructing . One of the things she talks about in the book is a struggle I have had for many  years. I have dealt with anxiety attacks for so long that it can sometimes become overwhelming. But then I read this verse , "Be still and know I am God." (Ps 46:10) I have read that scripture many times but not really thought about it until I started reading this book.  All I need to do is give God control and trust Him.

We are all a work in progress and work on our imperfections everyday. The good news is that God is in control. We need to give that control back to Him and find peace and confort in knowing that if we don't get something done or it doesn't go the right way, that the world won't end. "The more secure a woman is, the less likely she will need to be in control."

I highly recommend this book to every woman to feel secure in theirselves and let God be in control. He has this. He doesn't need our help and we don't need to get in His way. At the end of each chapter are discussion questions that I would encourage readers to use as you begin to heal from being a controlling woman.

I received a copy of  this amazing book from The BookClub NetWork for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment