Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2016

FOCUS by MARGIE FLEURANT

I am glad I was able to read this book. I am one of those who allows distractions to keep me off focus. Sometimes I think I'm on the right path, and suddenly I'm going in another direction. This book was so inspiring to read. The author did a great job of targeting areas where we can lose our focus such as prayer time and reading the bible. The enemy loves to find ways to keep us away from God. He can use hurt, unforgiveness  or simply thinking you don't have time to sit and read a few scriptures. It is time for us to focus and not let distractions keep us from our destiny.

"To fix our eyes on Jesus , we must do more than look for Him. We must look at Him." I loved the example the author gave about Mary. She sat and listened to Jesus as He spoke. Others thought she should be doing chores but her desire was to learn and be in His presence. We must learn to be as focused as Mary was. It didn't matter that there were other things that needed her attention. She took the time to listen to His words and benefited from her time with him. Thank you for writing a book that has encouraged me to be more focused on God and less on the worldly things that try to distract me.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment