Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

LOVE BEARS ALL THINGS by BETH WISEMAN

It was so nice to revisit friends in this second installment of An Amish Secrets series. I felt right at home as I began to read the story and loved how the author captured my attention right away. The characters are so well developed  and I once again traveled to Lancaster County to witness healing and forgiveness.

Charlotte is such a likeable character and I love how she goes back to the family she betrayed and was welcomed with open arms. She so desperately wants a family to love and accept her. It's not easy to forgive when someone has hurt you, but the book really does a great job of showing what unconditional love is. As Charlotte is still healing from the death of her brother, she must decide what to do with his house. I really liked how the author brought an unexpected person into her life.

We don't get to chose out families, but we can choose to forgive them. Will Charlotte be able to forgive someone  from her past? I won't give away who it is, but I will say that the author really wrote an emotional scene between Charlotte and this person. Haven't we all made mistakes? My heart really hurt  for this  person who had been defeated by their bad choices. I could feel their pain and as tears fell from my eyes. It made me think of family members that have hurt me . Maybe it's time to let go and forgive so I can heal.

Daniel is starting to grow close to Charlotte but will they make a good match? They come from different backgrounds and Charlotte doesn't seem to want to let go of her English life. Daniel is a good man and is trying to help someone in his family. Will he be able to talk Jacob out his decision? I loved the subtle ways that the author showed the attraction building between Charlotte and Daniel. Daniel is such a patient man and I admired his loyalty to Charlotte.

The story is about redemption, forgiveness , healing, compassion  and unconditional love. We all want to be loved and when you experience unconditional love that is so powerful,  you know you can get through anything.

I received a copy of this book from the author. My review is my own opinion and I was not compensated for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment