Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2016

ON THE ROPES by HALLEE BRIDGEMAN

What a pager turner this book is. It completely took me off guard and I loved how the suspense kept building to an action packed ending. Ruth seems to have a nice life. She is a surgical resident and loves her job. She likes taking care of people and the staff at the hospital find her to be very compassionate around patients. Her safe world is shattered one evening when she witnesses a horrible crime. Now she must do everything possible to keep her whereabouts secret. Would you give up your safety to testify against someone?

Victor is Ruth's boyfriend and a professional boxer. He has eyes only for Ruth and tries to keep her away from his father's business. Victor's dad is a well known Mafia boss and will do anything to protect his empire. I did enjoy how the author used a violent crime to show how a person can find redemption. Victor knows that Ruth is in danger and wants to protect her. Can Ruth trust Victor? There is a bit of violence in the book, but the author did a great job of describing it to help readers understand the danger Ruth and Victor were in. The story is fast paced and I loved how the author touched on redemption. Will Victor believe he can be forgiven? There are several moments in the book where I gasped at the intrigue. I kept thinking as I read the story about the scripture,"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Get ready for a story that has intrigue, trust and forgiveness with a powerful ending.


I received a copy of this book from Bookfun.org and this is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment