Search This Blog

Thursday, June 29, 2017

THE HIDEAWAY by LAUREN K. DENTON

I'm not sure where to begin with this review. Well I think I must first say I'm still in awe of the authors beautiful writing. The story took me back to a time in my childhood when I was happy. I would visit my granddad on his farm every summer. He built the two story house himself and had the most gorgeous wrap around front porch. As I began to read this book I felt like "The Hideaway " was just like my granddad's house. The memories made there were priceless.

I loved reading about Mags and her spirit that was full of life. To read her story was like walking back in time with my grandmother. The house was always full of wonderful people who became family. Mags had a love for her home and when people came to stay they never wanted to leave. Oh my how the story flowed so smoothly from Mags to Sara.

Sara is shocked to find out that her grandmother has left her  home to her. I know it was hard for Sara to go back there but what she discovers there is more than just a house. As Sara decides to renovate the place she uncovers a secret about her grandmother that will change her life. There are wonderful characters that make the story emotional and heartwarming at the same time.

Will Sara be able to renovate the house and fulfill her grandmother's wish? What will Sara decide about her shop back at home? I loved how Sara was able to know her grandmother better as the story unfolded. The author has included discussion questions at the end which will make a great compliment to a book club. I highly recommend this book and encourage book clubs to put this on their list. If you aren't in a BookClub then grab the book , get comfy and allow the author to sweep you away to meet Mags at "The Hideaway."

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment