Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 15, 2017


Review.jpg

What an emotional story the author brings to readers in this new series called, Windy Gap Wishes. I couldn't help but fall in love with the characters as they came alive as the author brought charm and warmth to each one. Leah was such a great character and I felt a connection to her instantly. She is going through a tough time dealing with the loss of her mother even though it has been ten years. Leah has grown into a sweet and caring young woman. The house is filled with love as her siblings pitch in to help with chores.

Leah has seemed to withdrawal from any social activities and her dad has become concerned. It's hard when you lose your mother and feel lonely without her guidance . Who can she ask about dating or just share her thoughts of growing into a young woman since her mom has passed? I lost my mom and know the pain and loss I felt. The author really grabs at the depth of grieve and I cried as Leah slowly begins to come out of her shell. Will she allow God to show her His plans? Can she open her heart and allow someone to show her affection? Her dad  has been worried about Leah and I loved how much he wanted his daughter to find happiness.  When Jacob shows an interest in Leah, I loved how the author guided his character with grace and compassion . He wants Leah to trust him, but will she let her guard down?

When Samuel introduces Naomi to the family, I could feel the uneasiness growing among his children. . It is always difficult when a parent finds a new mate. Will Samuel's children welcome Naomi with open arms? What I liked the most about Naomi was her gentle heart and trust in God. I don't want to say anything about the plot, because you must read this book to truly understand how gifted the author is. Her characters make you feel like they are your neighbors as you share meals, laugh with each other and give a helping hand when needed. As I finished the book, I had so many feelings rushing through me. The story really shows how important family is as they each look for happiness and love . The author does an amazing job of showing how the characters trust that God has a plan for their lives. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. I want to find out about a few characters and see where God takes them.

I received a copy of this book from The Cozy Mystery Review Crew and the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment