Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2018

A FAMILY TO CALL OURS by
MERRILEE WHREN

I really enjoyed the story and loved how easily it was to connect with the characters. I can’t imagine how hard is was for Tara to care for a very sick child. I admired her determination to never give up. She is a wonderful person with a caring heart. She has had to shuffle around a bit to find a place for her and her daughter. 

Caleb to me was a bit put off by Tara working with his parents and I felt he was a bit judgmental. I suppose it could be something from his past that is making him question Tara’s reasons to allow his parents to help her out. I didn’t much care for Caleb at first and I hoped he would redeem himself in the story. 

Hailey is a precious little girl with a big heart. She so wants to have a dad and be part of a family. Her health has really taken a toll on her mom, but I admire the strength and faith they both have. The author does a wonderful job of bringing Tara and Caleb together to work on projects . Will we see sparks fly between them? Can they each get over their past hurt and allow a relationship to develop? 

This a heartwarming story that shows how love , acceptance and forgiveness work together to heal broken hearts and learn to trust again.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment