Search This Blog

Saturday, January 27, 2018

THE CELEBRATION by
WANDA E. BRUNSTETTER

I was so excited when I received a copy of this book in the mail. I have anxiously been waiting to continue Heidi and Lyle’s story. This series has brought many different people together and shared their secrets and left finding hope and new friends. 

The author doesn’t disappoint her readers with this charming story. I loved the concept of a cooking class for children. Heidi has such patience as she works with the children. Her calmness and compassion just oozes off the page. I can’t explain why, but as I read the book, I felt this peace come over me. Heidi and Lyle have been like family to me and I have enjoyed reading how they work together, pray together and dream together. I enjoyed the story about foster care. Will Heidi and Lyle’s prayers be answered so they can adopt the children they have been caring for?

Heidi will have her hands full with this class. The children are different ages. Some have family problems, while others have single parents. I love the interaction the parents had with each other. I can say one young lady has a smart mouth and will find out quickly that she won’t make friends in the class with her stinky attitude. I fell in love with Velma the instant she was introduced. She is a proud woman who is willing to work around the house for Heidi so her daughter can attend the cooking classes. I loved how she is willing to do whatever she can to make her children feel accepted, loved and provided for. 

The story once again will have readers finding themselves invested in each character. I loved how the author showed how a community comes together to help their neighbors and how each child found a way to be happy in their life and appreciate what they have. This is my favorite book in the series. I learned how gracious the Amish are and appreciate the time Heidi took to show each child that they were capable of doing anything if they trust and believe.

I received a copy of this book from the author and the publisher. The review is my own opinion.

1 comment: