Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2018

KAPPY KING and the PICKLE KAPER by AMY LIILLARD

I am so excited to read the next book in this series. Kappy is a hoot and I love her devotion to making kapps for the women in the community. I never really thought much about where the kapps came from. Kappy has a special gift for making them and is kept very busy with orders.

Kappy's neighbor Edie is back as well and still just as spunky and curious as ever. When they happen upon an accident , they are saddened to see that a buggy is involved. The smell of vinegar is everywhere and pickles are spread all over the street. It is a real tragedy when it is discovered that Sally June Esh has passed away from the accident. She was young at only nineteen years old and the community is saddened by the loss.

Kappy and Edie crash the funeral looking to find any information about the accident. I had to laugh at these two sneaking around like two detectives looking for clues. They are too funny at times and it makes the story so enjoyable to read. I wonder if the author had two people she knew in mind when she wrote these two characters? When Edie starts getting strange texts on her phone about the buggy accident, questions start popping in Kappy and Edie's head? Was it an accident or did someone deliberately cause the accident ? I love how the two women work together and are not afraid to investigate on their own. The banter between Kappy and Edie is hilarious. It is a miracle they agree on anything. One thing is for sure though, Sally June was murdered and they are convinced they will find out who did it.

As I continued to read the story I couldn't wait to see what shenanigans our two female  "detectives" would get into next. They aren't real detectives, but they sure are better about finding clues than the police are. They know just the right questions to ask and have a knack for getting people's trust. I loved how the women didn't stop snooping and sure found themselves in trouble at times. It is a great story with an ending that I really enjoyed. I can't wait for the next book in the series to find out what kind of trouble Kappy and Edie get into next.  Just a thought; this series would make a great TV show. I wonder who would play the lead female characters?

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment