Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2018

A SPARKLE OF SILVER by LIZ JOHNSON

This is a wonderful romantic story that takes us between present day and slips back to 1929. I'm not sure sure which story make me swoon more, the present or the past. Millie is a delightful character who is barely making ends meet. She has a dear grandmother she is trying keep in a facility but the bills are piling up. It is not easy to watch a loved one slowly slip away in their mind. I wanted to go take Millie's hand and tell her everything would get better.

The details about the chateau that Millie works at is fascinating. I would love to explore every room there and perhaps stay in the library forever. Grandma Joy tells a story one day that surprises Millie. It is hard to tell if Grandma Joy is remembering something or just talking silly. If the story is true, there could be a big treasure waiting for Millie to find.

Ben enters the picture when he finds Millie sneaking around the chateau. What can she do to convince him to let her continue her search? I loved how the story bounces back and forth between time periods with seamless energy. The author has captured the true depiction of romance with a magical story. It flows with grace and I loved the added mystery of the diary. The words spoken in there are poetic, lovely and definitely a person deeply in love. The slow simmer of Millie and Ben's attraction to each other is movie worthy. They pretend they don't care, yet their eyes tell a different story. And what of the diary which holds secrets that could change lives? The race is on to discover what or if there is a treasure when others get wind of the rumor.

The story is one that slowly grabs at your emotions and takes you on a journey of discovering the inner workings of a lost love, the hope of a better future, secrets long thought to be buried  and a love story that only a very gifted author can write. The kiss that I have been waiting to read about just about knocked me off my feet. It was soft, sweet, electrical  between two people, and "suddenly our hearts were beating at the same tempo, racing faster than mine ever had before. " I won't say who the kiss was from, but for me I waited patiently for that moment in the story that would be worthy of "the kiss felt round the world." The book is everything you want in a story with romance, mystery and an ending that will satisfy all romantics. The author has surpassed my expectations and now has a huge fan. The ending is spectacular with intense drama and sadness that overwhelms me. The lesson in forgiveness and trust told by the characters will be one I will always remember.


" You have made me see a love I could not have imagined possible."

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment