Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2019


MOTORHOMES, MAPS & MURDER by TONYA KAPPES

Motorhomes, Maps, & Murder (A Camper & Criminals Cozy Mystery Book 5) by [Kappes, Tonya]


I am so in love with this series. My husband and I own a RV and love to travel to different places. We have found some wonderful campgrounds with friendly people and return to them when we can. I would love to visit Normal, Kentucky and visit the quaint little town that is featured in the story. Mae is a hoot and I loved everything about her. Her southern charm is endearing and the sayings she blurts out at times made me roll on the floor laughing. . The author has a great knack for giving readers characters that are funny, quirky and just plain friendly. Well I better say not everyone in this story is so charming.

Happy Trails Campground is the blood, sweat and tears of hard work for Mae. She has made it a place where people feel welcome and comfortable. I would park my RV there if I could. There is a big celebration coming up in town that has everyone scrambling to make the event perfect. When an escaped serial killer is spotted the town and campground are on edge. Should they go ahead with the festivities planned?  The rumors start that the serial killer could be close and chaos ensues in the campground. Is it a coincidence that a motor home was stolen just as the escaped killer is perhaps nearby?

Mae turns to her handsome boyfriend for answers since he is a detective and on the case. It's funny how Mae can get answers from Hank about the investigation. He knows he shouldn't tell her, but he can't stop himself. There is a big mystery of where the serial killer is hiding and who stole the motor home. Are the campers safe at Happy Trails Campground?

The story is well written and will keep readers guessing as a mysterious map and wig are discovered. Was someone else involved in what happened to several members of the town? I wonder if revenge played a part in the aftermath of a serial killer on the loose ? I love how the author keeps readers guessing until the very end.  I thought for sure I knew what would happen; but the author with her technique of putting twists in the story fooled me completely.  I eagerly await the next book in this funny and thrilling series.

I received an Advanced Reader Copy. The review is my own opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment