Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2019

ALWAYS LOOK TWICE
By ELIZABETH GODDARD

The story is a non stop thriller from start to finish. Harper is a very like able character who has been through a tough time. Her job as a crime scene photographer was becoming too  emotionally draining  for her. I want to stop here for a moment. I applaud the people that do this job for a living. They see things that is unimaginable and terrifying everyday. Without their efforts we would not be able to prove who committed a crime. I liked Harper because she realized she needed a break from this demanding job.

Her love for photography takes her into the woods to take scenic pictures one day that looked to be a pleasant outing. I have heard this said about cameras, “The camera never lies.” This one little statement for me is the focus of this story. What Harper sees through her camera on that unforgettable day will turn her life upside down. Can you imagine looking through the lens of your camera and witness a murder? I would run as fast as I could and never look back.

The book is well written with intrigue and danger that jumps off the pages. Harper is in danger but for some reason not everyone believes she saw anything. Losing her camera as she tries to get away from the scene will prove to be a huge mistake. The camera has evidence that someone doesn’t want anyone to find.

I loved Heath and how protective he was with Harper. He believes her and tries to help her find her camera and keep her safe at the same time. There is one scene in the book where I was on the edge of my seat. Harper and her sister are in a camper and suddenly it starts moving. That one terrifying moment knowing you have no control becomes a life or death situation. The author is brilliant at writing scenes that make you gasp and start hearing noises in your own surrounding. I have not read a book with this intensity in a long time.

Who is behind the murder and why can no one find the body? The author cleverly gives subtle hints to this question which can lead to speculation for readers. . The book is a wonderful journey through secrets, trust, danger and and letting go of the past. The faith element in the story is placed at perfect times and I did enjoy Harper and Heath dealing with their past. This has been a great story and I look forward to the next in the series.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment