Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

CLAIMING YOUR INHERITANCE by CHERRIE KAYLOR

I found this book to be a real wake up call for Christians. We need to be soaked in the Word daily, living a life that represents Jesus. As Christians, we need to be tuned to God with no interruptions or distractions. I'm sure He has been trying to get my attention for years , but when I listen to other sounds around me, I block His voice. I wonder how much I have missed that He was trying to tell me, encourage me or direct me?

I like the idea of making a scripture book. There are scriptures that are very special to me and writing them down would be a useful tool for me as His Word becomes a deeper meaning to my life. We sometimes want to rush through things, but as we allow the Holy Spirit to show us scriptures, they will start to become alive within us. What a powerful tool it is to have the  living Word inside guiding your path and giving you comfort and peace .

The author talks about how important it is to put our scriptures in categories so that we can reference them as we are counseling or praying on a specific topic for ourselves. It is important to read our scripture book constantly so we can keep his Word fresh . As we renew our mind daily, we become stronger and able to fight off the attacks of the enemy. The book is filled with tools that will help you have a stronger relationship with God while taking your place to become a voice for Him.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment