Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

MOTHERS RUINED by AIMEE HORTON

My first thought as I read this book is it is a quirky book that is going to make me laught the whole time. Yes I was spot on. What was Dottie thinking, having a baby while her husband is once again away for business.? The race to the hospital is hysterical . When she was given a ticket as she is exiting her car is priceless.

Dottie is a master at juggling things. She takes care of the kids and now a newborn, cooks, cleans, and tries to keep friendly with the neighbors. Is there one moment, one time that Dottie can have a minute to herself? The thought of locking yourself in the bathroom is brilliant, but then who would look after the children? Her knight in shining armor Harry, her adoring husband is a very gentle kind man. He seems to be able to calm Dottie down when she gets out of control. Maybe she should do something about her stress?

Dottie has a baby monitor that somehow picks up her neighbors conversations. How many know that eavesdropping can only lead to disaster? It seems the gossip on the baby monitor is that two neighbors are having an affair. Gasp! This is not going to end well. Who are the cheaters? What kind of trouble has Dottie gotten herself into this time?

The author has skillfully written a great book that has so many laugh out loud chapters, I actually had to go to another room to continue reading. It seems I was bothering my hubby with my constant snickering and hysterical laughing. I highly recommend this book to anyone wanting a great book that is filled with humor and a cast of characters thst will make you smile.

I received a copy of this book from Librarything for an honest review .

No comments:

Post a Comment