Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2016

SAVING THE MARQUISE's GRANDDAUGHTER by CARRIE FANCETT PAGELS

Exquisite , breathtaking, faith filled, and masterfully written is how I will begin my review. I have been swept away to a time in 1742 where religious wars were raging. How ironic that we still seem to have that same problem even today? The story sweeps through history with gracefulness and kept me so involved in the story I couldn't put it down.

Suzanne is a beautiful French woman with noble blood  who must hide that she is a Protestant. She is in extreme danger when her father is captured and must flee her home for a safer place. I can't image the fear, and anxiety she was faced with. She knew she had to leave the home she loved so much and the family she felt safe with. Her determination to seek a new place was well written and I could feel her inner strength. The author has done an amazing job of developing Suzanne and brought her to life with her vivid display of words. I felt her agony as she fled  and her hopeless as she tried to keep her faith strong.

Suzanne meets Johan who seems to be the answer to prayer. He is very strong and his faith is steadfast. He sees that Suzanne is desperate to seek a new place to go for safety. Will he be able to keep her safe? Can Suzanne trust this man she barely knows? I loved the journey they take as they travel to a faraway land.  The boat they find themselves on was described with great depth. I could feel the boat as it rocked back and forth. There were many people on the boat all looking for a new start. Will they all survive the dangers of the sea?

The book is filled with a beautiful historical background that takes readers on a journey through a time when survival was hard and faith was strong. I loved how the author had her character's rely on their faith and prayed for guidance and help. Freedom is something we sometimes take for granted. Will Suzanne and Johan find freedom? I loved this story that covered deceit, trust, faith and freedom.

"Don't worry,  God has a plan for you."

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment