Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

ONE SATURDAY EVENING by T. K. CHAPIN

The series continues with some new faces to get to know in this sweet book. Charlotte is a good mom and has  her hands full raising children on her own. Her husband walked out on them and the pain is still there burning deep in her heart. I'm glad we get to visit the diner where old friends are. I really like the quaint place with service that is great and the food is far above the best around.

Dylan moves in next door to Charlotte and they seem to hit it off. He is good around her children , but she is still holding back because of her failed marriage. I liked how the author showed how Charlotte was still bitter over being rejected by her ex. She has some things to work on and I love how she seeks God. I found it interesting that there had been a feud going on between families for years in the town. As I read the story I remember something in the Bible about not taking up someone's offense. Seems like half the town won't let go of the past. What happens when Charlotte finds out Dylan's family is part of the feud? Will Charlotte learn to trust God? Can Dylan win Charlotte's heart? The book is a great message of trusting God and walking in forgiveness.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment