Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

THE SHELL COLLECTOR'S DAUGHTER by BETH WISEMAN

This may be a very short novella but it sure packs a great message in it. I loved the beautiful description of the beach. I live close to the beach and like Carianna in the book, I love to collect seashells. They are each unique and a treasure to have. The author has written a character that is so pure and innocent that I would like to sit with her on the beach and soak up her wisdom. She has great faith and finds good in everyone. I loved it when she would spend time  talking to God. Do we hear God's voice and ignore it? Dominic is  a good character and I loved how he grew in his faith with the help of Carianna.  The more I read, the more real the characters became. The author has an amazing way of bringing a story to life with the sweep of words that dance across the pages. I could hear the water splashing on the rocks and see the shells as they glistened in the sun. I loved the sweet romance between Carianna and the person God chose for her. The story is a great reminder to take time to spend with God everyday, listen to His voice  and be wrapped in His peace .

I received a copy of the book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment