Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2019

THE HEALING JAR by WANDA BRUNSTETTER

Lenore is a special young woman. She has such a sweet spirit around her and her devotion to her grandparents is undeniable. She has let time slip away from her and realizes that she is in her late twenties with no husband in sight. I think she really loved taking care of others and felt it was her calling.

The introduction of Jesse and his sweet baby in the story changes everything in Lenore's life. She finds herself babysitting for Jesse during the summer and falls heads over heels in love with the young child. Jesse is still trying to cope with the death of his wife and raise their child on his own. It was nice to read how Jesse and Lenore became friends and started to develop feelings for each other.

Things don't quite go as planned when Lenore's heart is broken. I liked this part of the story because it pulls in other characters from the previous books into this story. Once again a prayer jar is found and just the right words are read when needed the most. I loved how the words just filled Lenore with peace and hope. The story deals with death, trust, loneliness, misunderstandings and most of all faith.

I am sad to see the series end but have enjoyed the series very much. The characters have become like family to me and I have decided that I want to make a prayer jar for myself. The author has encouraged me to find scriptures that speak to me and write them down. My hope is that someday my prayer jar will bless someone.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment