Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

GOD'S FEMINIST MOVENENT by AMBER PICOTA

I really did enjoy reading this book. It helps you to understand what "God's  Feminist Movement" is really about. It is not about putting men down, but instead empowering men and women to rise up to be leaders and work together. I loved her talking about tattoos. I have a tattoo as well, and when I tell people they act like I have committed some horrible sin. The verse that many refer to about tattoos is in Leviticus 19:28. It talks about not making any cuts on your body or make tattoo marks on yourselves. But the author really explained the verse so clear. That verse is referring to a a Mosaic Covenant which we are not a part of.


I found it very interesting when the author spoke about women in leadership . Growing up I always heard that women were not to speak in church or have any type  of leadership role.  My dad was a pastor and he always said that women have no place in leadership in a church. It is true that there are people who can misinterpret a scripture to fit their beliefs. The best  thing to do if you aren't sure about a scripture is to study it and go to a leader that you trust to help you understand it . I always remember hearing "If someone preaches something that cannot be backed up by scripture, then it is not biblical." I have always  remembered that and when I'm not sure about something I look it up in the bible.

There are great stories through the bible that show when women took the lead. I loved the examples the author used and made me look at the stories a different way. It's funny how you can read something over and over again, then one day you see it a different way. I have learned since being in leadership in church, that you must always put your family first before your ministry. There was a time I didn't and God got my attention.

I loved how encouraging the author is by reminding us that we are beautiful. God thinks we are beautiful and guess what, He also loves the person you may have had a problem with. One of the most profound things the author says in the book is about a husband and a wife. It is true that we each have different talents. When they come together and minister as a team they should both be Christlike. We want to resemble Jesus and be His hands and feet. We each have a calling on our lives . No one said it would be easy and I have found that some people don't think I heard from God, but I know what He says to me and I'm there to follow Him.

"Dance on, my beautiful friend , and enjoy the melody of His grace."

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment