Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

THE POWER OF RIGHT THINKING by KERRY KIRKWOOD

As soon as I saw this title, I knew I had to read it. I am one of the worst people when it comes to negative thoughts, worry and anxiety. I know the Word, but I allow the enemy to whisper thoughts that are not of God. Right from the beginning the book started speaking to me. We need to have thoughts of blessings for others . "It is thinking the way God thinks about ourselves and others." I have struggled all my life with self-esteem and trying to be accepted. What I forgot to do, though, was remind myself that God loves me and Not to listen to the ugly words that satan tries to convince me I am.

The book is very detailed and has many scriptures that reinforce what the author is saying. I sure needed this book. I have been living in a shadow of what my parents thought of me for years. I carried that on into my adult life. I always wondered why I have a hard time trusting , understanding love and being accepted. Well it looks like the enemy has had a grand time convincing me that I am unloved, not wanted and to never trust anyone. This book has redirected my thought process to begin to clearly hear God's voice and to write His word on my heart daily.

I really enjoyed the part about how you see yourself at the end of the book. That made me really stop, close the book and ask myself the question. My thoughts weren't  inspiring at all. See,  I still have those words that my parents said to me everyday still captive in my mind. I was told that I was stupid and would never amount to anything. They also said they hated me everyday. So how do I see myself now? I see myself as a confidant , faith filled woman of God who has a purpose. I am a work in progress and I encourage each of you to read this book with an open heart and let God's words transform your thinking.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment