Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2019

WELCOME TO THE REVIEW PROMO BLAST FOR THE CERTAIN HOPE by E.C. JACKSON
PRESENTED BY CELEBRATE LIT




Love at first sight. It’s every girl’s dream. But Tara Simpkins is finding out it’s not as easy as it seems. Is this truly the man God sent to be her husband, or is she just desperate to escape her loneliness? The recent loss of both parents has left her reeling, and close friends don’t think she’s in any position to make major life decisions. She and her new-found love are convinced they can live happily ever after in the home of their dreams. His family thinks he’s moving way too fast and might disappoint the kind-hearted woman he’s fallen head over heels for. And then there’s Leah. Leah is supposed to be part of his past, but what if she decides she’s his future? Tara’s match made in Heaven may be over before it truly begins.





E. C. Jackson began her writing career with the full-length play Pajama Party. For three and a half years she published the Confidence in Life newsletter for Alpha Production Ministries, in addition to writing tracts and devotionals. Teaching a women’s Bible study at her church for eleven years naturally led to her current endeavor of writing inspirational romance novels and teen and young adult fiction. Her mission: spiritual maturity in the body of Christ through fiction.

Tour Video

Social Media
Website
Facebook Author Page
Amazon Author Page
Goodreads Author Page
Twitter


Buy Link
https://amzn.to/2VyWXjt


Review.jpg


I can't really explain this but I had jitters the whole time I read this book. It gave me anxiety and I felt overwhelmed by the story. I don't believe in love at first sight, but think you need to get to know each other better. Tara bothered me because she captures Luke's attention and immediately decides he is the one. Luke feels the same and before we know it, they are engaged.

The more I knew about Tara the more I believed she needed to slow down. She has just lost her parents and seemed to be making hasty decisions that she never quite seemed sure of. Luke was kind but very demanding and had a tendency to bully for what he wanted. There are a few parts in the story where they agree especially about how important faith and family is to them. I lost count of how many times someone told either Tara or Luke to postpone the wedding. Get to know each other better they said. I kept questioning what the rush was.

I wanted to sit Tara down and tell her until she heals from her parents death, she won't be able to fully give her life to Luke. There is a secret that Luke is hiding which could cause Tara to rethink the marriage. Why does he wait so long to divulge it? One of the best parts of the story is when they are being counseled by the pastor. He asks questions that should have sent up red flags, but they both are so determined to marry, they almost seem to say what they think the pastor needs to hear.

Each of them have assets but Tara is the one that has some valuable cars that Luke is determined to sell. Okay I have to say it. Luke is pushy, emotional abusive at times and Tara hardly speaks up for herself. How is this a marriage that God will bless? I din't like the whole concept of desperation to get married and ignoring red flags that should have stopped the wedding. The ending disappointed me for personal reasons. I wanted something else to happen but in the end I guess love prevailed.

I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit. The review is my own opinion.






1 comment:

  1. Deana, thank you for reviewing my books. I appreciate your time.

    ReplyDelete